BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
WAIKIKI SHORE AOAO, INC.
NOVEMBER 21, 2008
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting of the Board of Directors of Waikiki Shore AOAO, Inc. was called to order by President Rich Elliott at 4:35 p.m.
ESTABLISH A QUORUM
Five of seven members present, a quorum was established.
Members present: Lou Crompton, Rich Elliott, Thom Gibb, Ted Simon, Chris Steis
Members absent: Tom Hull, Davis Whiting
Owners present: Marjorie Babcock (#412); Carol Laechelt (#808); Wayne King (#1315);
Willis & Lena Howard (#508); Jim Johnston (#1204); Frank Slocum (#1305);
Robert Bergis (#1202); Paul & Grace Best (#1208); Stephania Gibb (#1306);
Marsha Lewis (#515); Sharon Ertel (#1006 & #1104)
Present by invitation: Mike Mullaney, Association Manager
Linda Morishita, Admin Assistant
Allen Wilson, Hawaiiana Management Co. Ltd.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. It was moved, seconded, and adopted unanimously to approve the minutes of the April 26, 2008 Annual Meeting of the Waikiki Shore AOAO, Inc. as submitted.
2. It was moved, seconded, and adopted unanimously to approve the minutes of the April 26, 2008 Organizational Meeting of the Board of Directors as submitted.
3. It was moved, seconded, and adopted unanimously to approve the minutes of the April 26, 2008 Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors as submitted.
1. Treasurer Ted Simon reported on the status of the Association’s financial matters, a new reserve study that was recently completed, and the future financial needs of the Association.
2. It was moved by Director Simon, seconded by Director Gibb, to approve the 2009 Operating Budget and Reserve Plan as presented. It was also noted that the Maintenance Fee has not been raised for the last 17 years and again will not be raised for the 2009 Budget. The motion was adopted unanimously.
Parking Rules: Pursuant to a review of the established rules related to parking vehicles on the premises, it was determined that no changes are necessary at this time.
1. The President reported on the status of a number of projects recently completed, ongoing currently, and planned for the future.
2. It was moved by Director Gibb, seconded by Director Simon, and unanimously adopted by the Board to ratify all actions taken and decisions made since the April 2008 Board meeting.
1. The next meeting will be the Annual Association Meeting to be held on April 25, 2009, at the Halekulani Hotel, with check-in at 9:00 a.m., meeting to begin at 9:30 a.m.
2. The next Board meeting will be held following the Annual Meeting on April 25, 2009.
ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 5:25 p.m.
• Robert Bergis reported a problem with hot water in his apartment, and inquired about the amount of legal fees in property tax case.
• Marge Babcock inquired about the post by the entrance to the parking area.
• Frank Slocum inquired about the health of Director Whiting and the status of the matter with the beach boys.
• Marge Babcock inquired about the television broadcast change scheduled for February 2009, and whether HD television is available locally.
• Carol Laechelt complained about the noise created by the housekeeping carts at the Outrigger.
• Willis Howard inquired about the status of the property tax appeal.
Allen P. Wilson Louis Crompton
Senior Management Executive Association Secretary