BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
WAIKIKI SHORE AOAO, INC.
NOVEMBER 5, 2O1O
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting of the Board of Directors of Waikiki Shore AOAO,lnc. was called to order by President
Rich Elliott at 4:32 p.m.
ESTABLISH A OUORUM
Six of seven members present, a quorum was established.
Members present: Rich Elliott, Lou Crompton, Carol Novick, Davis Whiting, Nick Frost, Don Laster
Members absent: Chris Steis
Present by invitation: Mike Mullaney, Association Manager
Allen Wilson, Hawaiiana Management Co. Ltd.
o It was moved by Director Frost, with second by Director Laster to engage the firm of Ushijima
Architects to conduct a study into the feasibililty of remodeling the ground floor retail are4 at a
cost not to exceed $30,100; and that if the proposal brings forth a positive recommendation, the
next step by the Board of Directors would be to prepare a comprehensive Capital and Operating
Budget for the project. The motion passed without objection.
o The solar equipment installation is now complete. The consent ballot results indicate 860/o
approval by the owners for this project. Energy savings are estimated to be $5,000 per month.
o The ramp on the front of the building has received approval from the Waikiki Special District, but
approval from the Department of Permitting and Planning is still pending.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. It was moved, seconded, and adopted unanimously to approve the minutes of the Apnl24,2010
Annual Meeting of the Association, as submitted.
2. [t was moved, seconded, and adopted unanimously to approve the minutes of the Apil24,20l0
Organtzational Meeting of the Board of Directors, as submitted.
3. It was moved, seconded, and adopted unanimously to approve the minutes of the Apr\124,2010
Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors, as submitted.
The financial summary for the period of January through October 2010 was reviewed and accepted,
subject to annual audit.
There was no unfinished business to be considered at this meeting.
1. It was moved by Director Frost, seconded by Director Whiting, and unanimously adopted by the
Board to approve the 2011 Operating Budget and Reserve Plan as submitted by the Budget Cte.
2. It was moved by Director Novick, seconded by Director Frost, and unanimously adopted by the
Board to approve the following amendment to the House Rules: Screen doors are not ollowed in
the building. All owners must remove any screen doors on their units not later than May 31, 201 2.
Minutes of Meeting
Waikiki Shore AOAO, lnc.
Board of Directors
3. It was moved by Director Elliott, seconded by Director Frost, and unanimously adopted by the
Board to authorize the expenditure of $16,000 for the Annual Association Dinner on April 2,201I
at the Halekulani Hotel.
4. It was moved by Director Novick, seconded by Director Laster, and unanimously adopted by the
Board to approve the following amendment to the House Rules: Wndow mounted air conditioners
are not allowed in the building. Effective immediately, all new and replacement air canditioning
units to be installed in the building must be 'split' air conditioning systems connected to the
5. There being no objection, tlre Board agreed to ratify all actions taken and decisions made since the
April 24, 20 1 0 Board meeting.
l. The next meeting will be the Annual Association Meeting to be held on April 2,2011, at 9:30 a.m.
at the Halekulani Hotel.
2. The next meeting of the Board of Directors will be held on April 2,2011, immediately following
the Annual Association Meeting.
ADJOURNMENT There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 5:00 p.m.